Thursday, August 26, 2010

Overrated castles

Christiansborg, one of the palaces of the Danish Royal Family:












Sorry, no pictures allowed. But these are what I had to wear on my feet while I toured the place.



There were some tapestries I was excited to see:














but they were so unbearably ugly I cannot even post reproductions on my beautiful blog.

If you're really curious, go here -- but don't say I didn't warn you.

*   *   *



This is the famous castle in Elsinor, the one Shakespeare used as his setting for Hamlet.



Crossing the first of two moats...




the view:


Unfortunately, the castles were like the rest of the Denmark I saw: only kind of cool, if you didn't stay too long. Sorry, Denmark.

In a nutshell:


You can see the rest of the pictures (yawn) here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment