Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Memorable adventures in Berlin

- Meeting the extravagant British family Mathias
Susie, who was my translator at church, was exceptionally friendly and warm. Her husband, soon to be a full-time chef, referred to everyone as “darling”, whether it was wife, daughter, family friend or me. They had about fourteen people at their place (none of whom were Berliners) for a proper English supper in the heart of Berlin. Jokes flew fast, the roast and Yorkshire pudding was quickly consumed, and afterwards a daughter played gentle harp melodies.
[I’m still not making this stuff up!]
When they learned I had no fridge and therefore no dinner at my hostel, they zoomed around their kitchen, raiding cupboards and fridges to fill a shopping bag full of stuff I could eat.

- An outdoor concert with the Berlin Philharmonic + movie themes.
Again with the Mathias family....and we danced like crazy when they broke out the funk tunes!

pre-mosh

- spending a rainy Saturday blogging in an old factory, converted into a tragically hip cafe and hotel


- meeting a German friend of a friend who turned out to be mostly a "welfare bum"

It's true what they say:


And I've finally found the perfect three words to describe myself, so thank you, Berlin!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, pre-mosh, hot, hip and holy! Loving this blog!

    ReplyDelete