Saturday, July 17, 2010

Switzerland

Actually I ended up in a small town called Hildisrieden, outside Sursee, outside Luzern, Switzerland. (We're talking farmland and one major intersection at this point : perfect!)

Hildisrieden is the home of Urs Estermann and his family (and a lot of cows). Urs was a former English student of mine at LSC in Toronto. Way back in November I’d told him about the big European trip I was planning. It was quite a kick to actually take him up on his offer to stay with him if I was ever in Switzerland!

Urs and his daughter Ilona picked me up at the train station. He was easy to spot: he was wearing a big red “Toronto” t-shirt!
(Urs at the backyard BBQ)

****
The next day Ilona, Urs’ daughter, was kind enough to take me on a guided tour of Luzern (on her day off). Thank you Ilona!

This is Luzern's most famous tourist attraction: the longest covered bridge in Europe.



A hotel on the hill and the view from it.

 Classic Europe!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment