Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day from Europe! And thank you!

There’s a post I’ve been meaning to put up for almost a month. It’s belated but that makes it no less heartfelt. I want to say THANK YOU to all those friends and family who helped me prepare for this trip! Some but  certainly not all of the help: driving around to run errands; unloading masses of books (sigh); hosting me for a last meal; baking me goodbye cakes; cleaning my apartment one last time (wow); helping with the garage sale; providing a place to sleep after I gave up my apartment at the end of May; airport trips; Herculean feats of strength in delivering my now-5 only boxes of worldly possessions to Greyhound in Toronto; storing those boxes in the garage in Surrey (thanks Mom and Dad); sending a little extra $; and umpteen other favours. I really, really, really appreciate all the help I received. THANK YOU!

I hope you’re enjoying reading the blog as much as I am writing it. A drawback is that it’s one-sided: you get to know all about my life (in more glorious detail than ever before!) while I don’t learn anything new about yours. So I have a request to make. If we talked with any regularity before I left (or even if not), don’t be a stranger! Keep me updated with what’s happening in your life. Or weigh in on the blog entries. I'm not ashamed to say it: feedback, people, I need feedback! Yes, I’m on an exotic trip through Europe and am having the time of my life......but I am alone. It’s good to keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment