Sunday, July 4, 2010

I think I had a date to the Eiffel Tower..............French men part 3 of 3


I don’t know why people don’t give French men any credit. I met nothing but the nicest ones while I was in Paris. One of those I met at my hostel in Clichy (for the record, Clichy is not twenty minutes from downtown, in case you ever think of booking accommodation there!).
Karim introduced himself in the elevator on Friday night. Saturday morning we met again in the elevator and he asked if I wanted to do some sight-seeing together...
...so we met at the Eiffel Tower at 8:00 that night!

What a view.....





and what a distance!















He was a very nice guy (although not my type). (I had to catch myself from calling him “Hakim”, like the optical store in Ontario!)
He ended up being indispensible on Monday at the French post office, where I lightened my pack by about 6 kilos (about 12 pounds!) and shipped stuff I didn’t really need on to Italy. [I think I’ve just about learned how much I actually need to travel for two months (surprise surprise, it’s not as much as I thought, or brought).]

We also did some sight-seeing together on Monday. I loved what he said when we parted ways at the gardens of the Louvre:


"And here is the door to the gardens. It's open; you don't need a key."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aleesa! I really love reading your blog & smiling at your adventures! What a journey! I can live vicariously through you while I sit at home with my two boys & feel nauseous while I await the arrival of the third...in six long months! I love all the photos too. I would love to go to France & Vic served his mission there but for some reason he has no desire to go back. Crazy, right? Anyway, keep up with the blogging & have fun!!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete