Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just long enough

Hanging out with Urs and his family was great.


They have a wonderfully landscaped garden, perfect for relaxing in the hot Swiss sun. (Would you believe the temperature climbed to the mid-30s?)


Also beautiful: Vierwaldstättersee (Lake Luzern). I did the touristy thing and took a boat cruise.

Our dinky boat.


A nice boat we saw from our boat.



Switzerland was nice, but I have to admit it was all a bit rigid for me. Not to mention that it's staggeringly expensive...I almost fell over at the prices of things. Example: a half hour bus ride to the city and back: $20 CAD!! A simple lunch from a grocery store (sandwich, grapes, chips and a drink): $15!!! And apparently it's impossible to get a pizza for under $12!

So...keep on travelling. I need places a little wilder and freer -- and cheaper!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment