Monday, June 14, 2010

Wales for the weekend


For the weekend I took a train through the English countryside to Bristol, on the west coast of England (London is on the east). I met up with Stephanie, a friend from Ontario who is also spending a year abroad. We toodled off to Cardiff, Wales for the day!
We met her friend Melissa and had a good tour of the city. It’s small but quite nice. They’ve recently built the Millennium Stadium for rugby and concerts and they’re very proud of it. Also beautiful: Bute Park, north of the castle.

We spent some time in the National Museum as well. I’m finally getting old enough to appreciate museums. I don’t know if that’s good or bad!
For lunch we tried some Welsh cheese (very good) and Welsh cakes (like flattened raisin scones with sugar on top).
The highlight of the day was finding a cathedral in Newport (near Cardiff) which some of my ancestors attended! Mom, hope I took enough pictures for you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment