Friday, October 1, 2010

And now, a recap!

This is a goodbye card from one of my piano students (6 years old). She helpfully described the conditions that could befall me on my journey.

she has a bright future in meteorology

I’m happy to say that not even Eyjafjallajökull (the Icelandic volcano) interfered with my plans (although there was a minor eruption the day before I left Iceland). But here’s what I did survive, for you number-crunchers, you:

67 days
13 countries (Iceland, Britain, Wales, France, Spain, Switzerland, Slovenia, Serbia, Hungary, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Sweden)
12 languages
8 currencies (Icelandic króna, British pound, euro, Swiss franc, Serbian dinar, Hungarian forint, Danish krone, Swedish krona)
17 hostels
6 homes of strangers
6 flights
5 long train rides
2 ferries
1 drunken hostel owner

YEAH!!!

And yet...I don't think anyone will be surprised to hear I was looking forward to unpacking!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment