Friday, February 26, 2010

Strings and keys

Went to a wonderful concert (the St. Lawrence String Quartet) last night. It made me excited for all the music I get to experience in Europe! And it reminded me of an organization called the Amateur Chamber Music Players Network, designed for musicians interested in chamber music the world over to meet each other and play together! I sent off a couple of emails to violinists in Paris this morning....

Incidentally, something occurred at the concert that I'm not sure would occur anywhere else in the world. Before the second piece, by Mendelssohn, the first violinist informed us that unbeknownst to the world, this great German composer was once of the first European composers to take up hockey! This was of course leading to his announcement that the Canadian women had just beat the Americans 2-0 for Olympic gold!
Only in Canada...

No comments:

Post a Comment