Friday, February 26, 2010

Split

Like a city straddling a river (think Istanbul), my mind is Split (like the city in Croatia). Half of me wants to ensure I live a meaningful life in the time I have left here in Toronto (just three months and rapidly decreasing!). The other half can't stop wondering about and planning for the tabula rasa that is the future (nothing but a giant, blank void at this point, which is exciting, because my imagination can paint it with whatever it can, er, imagine).

My friends don't really enjoy talking about my plans to leave, while others have already resigned themselves to the fact and moved on. Three piano students (an entire family, whom I enjoyed teaching) have given notice this week. (Which answered the question How early is too early? to advise clients or employers of future plans!)

No comments:

Post a Comment